Thursday, November 10, 2011

I'm no follower.

You've all heard about it -- that's right. All of you. Especially, you... And when I say you, I mean the general audience of this blog. You know who you are. What am I talking about? Am I talking about hip-hop music? No. Trendy fashion trends? No. Political analysis of developing third world countries? Absolutely... NOT.

What I am talking about, of course, is Twitter.

How many tweets does it take to make a fail whale?
I made an account today, and at first, I got mixed feelings. Let's start off with what I didn't like, because seriously I didn't like much about it. I know a ton of people who have accounts on Twitter, but honestly, I don't want to read their every 140-character thought when I log on. When I log on to Twitter, I log out of being interested in anything. What I want to see if something. Something witty, clever, and worthwhile. Now, I know what you're gonna' say.

"Rossin, why don't you subscribe to CNN. Or Johnny Depp? They have witty, clever, worthwhile tweets everyday!"

Now, if you weren't going to say that, I apologize for assuming. It will never happen again. Unless it does happen again -- I can't assume that it will or not (see what I did there?).

But, if I wanted to know what CNN was reporting about, or what Johnny Depp was thinking -- I'd look it up somewhere else! There is literally MORE than Twitter. Lots more. The internet is vast.

P.S. I liked the color scheme. Kudos Twitter.

2 comments:

  1. Ross -- yes, it's vast vast vast, and in need of critical analysis! What did we talk about in class, about news, journalism, journalistic acts, gate-keeping, witnessing, authority and heaven knows what else, that might be useful for a serious, critical analysis of Twitter? I get the impression you were busy this week.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha -- Busy? I have no idea what you could mean! ;)

    ReplyDelete